Basic and Professional Edition
An iOS 7 word processor for technical writers and academics, with a structured approach to document authoring that keeps content separate from presentation.
First-class compatibility with Microsoft Word and HTML5, with top-quality LaTeX and PDF output.
Get Basic Edition Free
Avoid lock-in; use your choice of service. UX Write works with Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and all WebDAV servers.
HTML5-native, with first-class support for Microsoft Word .docx files. Exchange documents with anyone, anywhere, on any device.
Full support for bluetooth keyboards. On-screen keyboard extensions for text selection, punctuation, and formatting.
Writing professionally? You need an app that's on your side. Enjoy an unparalleled writing experience with tools that help you, rather than get in the way. Focus on your content first, and deal with formatting separately. Navigate large documents with ease using the outline view. Share your work with anyone, via industry-standard HTML5 or Microsoft Word file formats. Sync with your PC or Mac for a seamless workflow.
UX Write is designed for academics, students, technical writers, and authors that need a powerful toolset that goes beyond the limitations of other mobile word proceessors. Leveraging the concept of structured authoring popularised by LaTeX in the 1980s, we've baked this philosphy into a modern, cutting edge app built from the ground up for the iPad.
We're continually working to add even more features, with a particular focus on academic and scientific publishing. Check out our blog and join us on our journey towards the ultimate in mobile writing tools.
- Edit HTML5 and Microsoft Word documents
- Add headings, images, lists, and tables
- Outline view for navigating large documents
- Extra keys for formatting & punctuation
- Virtual trackpad for cursor movement & selection
- Full bluetooth keyboard support
- Enhanced auto-correct
- Automatically sync files with:
• Google Drive
• Microsoft OneDrive
• WebDAV servers
Subscribe: $0.99/month, or
Payments are via in-app purchase
- Fully-customisable styles
- Extensive formatting options
- Outline editing
- Find & replace
- Spell checking
- Word count
- Automatic headings/figure/table numbering
- Table of contents, list of figures, and list of tables
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Printing and PDF export
- Built-in LaTeX typesetting (English documents only in this version)